- Gifted with the socio-spiritual bent of mind, Sister Asha was brought up in good discipline and holistic family environment. She came in contact with the Brahma Kumaris organization through her parents when she was just 9 years old.
- Topper and gold medalist in M.A. (Sociology) from Bangalore University, she served as Lecturer in Mt. Carmel Degree College, Bangalore.
- She dedicated her life in 1972 to the organization for the noble cause of building a value-based society.
- Well known for her keen dedication, determination, humility, cheerfulness and optimism, she is a great spiritual leader, orator and efficient administrator.
- She represented the Brahma Kumaris from India at the U.N.’s Decade for Women Conference in Nairobi in 1985.
- Sister Asha was selected as an ‘Outstanding Young Person of the World for 1989’ by Jaycees (Junior Chamber) international USA for her invaluable contribution towards Peace.
- She is one of the inspiring speakers of Brahma Kumaris and has travelled throughout India and overseas in countries like USA, UK, Australia, Africa and many European countries spreading the fragrance of Peace and Divinity.
- She has organized and coordinated several national and international programmes and projects like-
- International Year for the Culture of Peace- UN Project in 2000
- Million Minutes of Peace Appeal- UN Project in 1986
- Global Cooperation for a Better World- UN Project in 1988
- Meditation courses for Ministers, Governors, Supreme Court Judges, Ambassadors and MLAs in different parts of the country
- Management, Leadership and behavioral courses for IAS officers at many state secretariats
- She is the author of many training courses like: Stress Management, Mind Management, Thought Leadership, Winning Over Ego & Anger, Meditation etc.
- A proficient orator, she is one of the most sought-after speakers of the organization who has travelled worldwide through spread the message of peace and spirituality through many National and International Conferences, Interfaith conventions and dialogues, radio and TV shows. Her lectures and talks are regularly telecast on television channels like Sanskar, Peace of Mind.
Presently she is the
- Director of 'Om Shanti Retreat Centre' Northern India Campus of Brahma Kumaris, a 30 acre campus located at the outskirts of Delhi- NCR.
- With her experience, she is the Chairperson of one of the professional wings of Rajyoga Education Research Foundation, the Admininstrators’ Wing.
- Associate Editor of the Institution's monthly magazine 'Purity' that focuses on various socio-spiritual issues and which is serving its readers since 25 years, through thought provoking, enlightening articles rich in positivity.
- One of the senior faculty for holding the Brahma Kumaris Teachers Training at the headquarters for those sisters from all parts of the country, who wish to dedicate their lives to the organization.